Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Once Again Summer Changes To Fall...Change Is Inevitable

And the summer became the fall
I was not ready for the winter
It makes no difference at all
'Cause I wear boots all summer long...


Stevie Nicks~1983


As it is every year I am not ready to say goodbye to the summer. Don't get me wrong, I love the fall season but I do not like the winter. But every year the seasons change anyway. As always, there is a good side also. Winter brings Christmas, which I love. It seems like that's the way it always is with change. There is some good in the changes and some bad in the changes and these perspectives vary depending on your own personal point of view.


It seems to me that there has been a whole lot of changes in my life over the last few years. I have a hunch that there have been no more changes in my life than there ever was however I just do not roll with the changes (thanks REO Speedwagon) as well as I used to. In 1989 I lost my mother, moved and gave birth to my son. Lots of good and lots of bad that year. Yet, it seems like more recent changes have been harder for me to adapt to. My life was going along pretty well until September 11, 2001. Although I did not lose anyone close to me on that day I did lose my sense of security and well being. Just being three miles away from The Pentagon when the plane crashed into it was enough to forever change the way I view the world. The horror of what happened followed by the dead still and eerie silence (except for the fighter jets flying over the building) in Old Town Alexandria that day is something I won't forget. The sight of the Pentagon fire rising up into the crisp, clear blue sky is not only something that I won't forget but something that I very much wish I had never seen. I truly believe that most of us, as Americans, lost a part of our lives that day...we will never be the same. Very bad change...but, yet we adapt.


In 2005 I moved from Alexandria to a small town in West Virginia. For me, having lived in the city for most of my life, that was a tremendous change. I didn't realize how big this change was going to be until I got here. Yet again, I have adapted. Earlier this year I got married. I've been married before but, even so, that was another big change. My marriage was a change for the better...the jury is still out on the move, lol. I DO miss the city very much but, then again, maybe I miss my life in the city more than the city itself. Maybe I miss my life there because my son was still young then and it was just the two of us. He moved to West Virginia with me but when he was 18 he moved again to New Jersey. While I miss him terribly I know that was the right thing to do for him. There is nothing for him here, this is a very small town with precious few opportunities unless you were born here into a family that runs a business that has been established here for a while.


So, with all these recent changes, I have become leary of change. When I was younger I looked forward to change. Nowadays I'd just rather things stay the way they are as a general rule however, of course, that doesn't happen. So when Addoway announced that they had implemented changes to their website I just sighed. "Oh no, what am I gonna have to deal with now?" I said to myself. I was almost afraid to look at the site. I did finally manage to muster up the courage to click on my store link in my favorites and I got a welcome surprise. The site has a brand new design, logo and feel to it. Not that it was bad before but it is now so much more bright and inviting. It definitely sets itself apart from the other shopping sites out there and in a good way. Fredrick Nijm and the Addoway team seem to always be one step ahead of the others in innovation and ideas for Addoway. They have definitive goals in mind with the desire to create a safer place for buyers to shop and also for sellers to sell. They get to know their customers and they want their customers to get to know them, to offer suggestions and to express their ideas and their criticisms. In other words, THEY LISTEN! What a refreshing change that is!!!


So, to make a long story short, Addoway has shown me that all change is not bad, in fact, it can be quite good. I would highly recommend that anyone selling online give Addoway a try and also anyone who makes purchases online should look at the storefronts on Addoway. There are a ton of knowledgeable, friendly and honest sellers there who would love nothing better that to have you as a customer (myself included). So when you have a few moments go to www.addoway.com and surf around. I believe that you will like what you see.


Enchanted Jewelry & Collectibles...Dedicated To The Gypsy That Remains...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can at least see through the bad and see some of the good. I'm an odd ball...I like change. But then, I'm in marketing, and we're instigators of change. If things get too monotonous, I'm changing things up. haha.

    I love winter. But I've always thought it was because I was born during a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see a personal side of you. I have always love changes throughout my life. I have lived in many many states. But like you, changes are getting harder to do. Now I do all my changes on the computer. LOL Love your blog and will continue to follow to get to know you, my dear friend, better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about things we go through and the changes we make. I was a city girl at one time and we moved to the country after I was married the second time, which has been 26 years now. I LOVE being in the country now...I do miss the convenience of the city though..Another change that has not been easy is the lay off my husband has been on for a long time..that has been hard.
    But on a happy note...the Addoway site looks great, that has been a nice change!
    I enjoyed reading a little more about you and look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete