Monday, August 1, 2011

There's Nothing Prettier Than Lapis Jewelry

As I posted in another entry I have recently decided to start selling vintage, antique and pre-owned jewelry again. This brought me to the heartbreaking decision that it might be time to sell some of my own jewelry. I have so much jewelry that I really didn't know where to begin to even look for it. Of course I have three different jewelry boxes and one jewelry stand that is filled with the jewelry that I wore on a regular basis. Most of that will be staying with me, they are my favorites and I just can't part with them (even though they probably number in the hundreds).


When I worked outside the home I wore jewelry all the time, everyday I wore different pieces (and a lot of pieces). I have just about every style of jewelry and my choices would vary depending on what I was wearing (always black though, as discussed before). Since I wear black all the time and since I have always been going for that gothic, Victorian, gypsy, Stevie Nicks look, I have a lot of gothic, Victorian and gypsy style jewelry. Most of that will be staying here with me, although I did find some pieces that I had put away that I rarely if ever will wear again. One thing that I did notice when I was going through all my jewelry is that I own an awful lot of jewelry with lapis stones. I suppose that there are a couple of reasons for that. A lot of the lapis jewelry that I have definitely has a gypsy style to it. I also like the color blue and I think that lapis is one of the most beautiful stones that there is. It's also a lot more affordable than say blue sapphires (which I also have but most of those are simulated stones). So I guess those pieces will be staying with me also. I did find one bracelet that I cannot wear anymore that I will sell but that's about it. I guess it's a good thing that this jewelry looks so good with the black that I'm always wearing, lol.


At Enchanted Jewelry & Collectibles I do offer a good variety of sterling silver & lapis jewelry. I have a couple of personal favorites, one is this Unique Sterling Silver 5 Strand Lapis Choker Necklace...

Unique Sterling Silver 5 Strand Lapis Choker Necklace



Another favorite is this 925 Sterling Silver Oval Denim Lapis Filigree Band Ring...


925 Sterling Silver Oval Denim Lapis Filigree Band Ring


The really sad thing is this, even though I don't have much occasion to wear my jewelry anymore I'd still buy it if I could afford it, lol. Oh well, I guess I'm just a jewelry junkie.


Enchanted Jewelry & Collectibles...Dedicated To The Gypsy That Remains

No comments:

Post a Comment