Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where Did The Last 10 Years Go?

As I was sitting here working earlier my grandson was watching TV. I wasn't paying too much attention to what he had on until a commercial came on, something to do with Harry Potter. All of a sudden my mind jumped back in time to 10 years ago, the year that the first Harry Potter movie came out (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I believe). My son, who is 21 years old now, was 11 back then. I remember that year as being the "Harry Potter" year. All he wanted for Christmas that year was Harry Potter related items. Fortunately I had discovered the joy of online shopping by then. I don't remember how many things he got that year (it was a good Christmas for him), nor do I remember how many different online shopping sites that I visited to round up everything that he wanted but I do remember being grateful that I was sitting at home on my rear end shopping for the stuff instead of fighting the crowds and the other frantic parents in the stores who were trying to get the same stuff. I remember that Christmas as being one of the best that we had.


I remember that year for another reason also. That was the year that I decided to start selling online in addition to just buying online. I started out selling some clothes that didn't fit me anymore, along with some jewelry that I didn't wear anymore. After those were gone I looked in my closet and found a couple of pairs of shoes and boots that I rarely if ever wore (obviously I had way too many shoes and boots). So I sold them and then panicked...I had nothing else to sell! Fortunately I found the solution in yard sales, flea markets and wholesale suppliers. And so it continues. Some of the inventory that I have at Enchanted Jewelry & Collectibles has become customer favorites, such as this Sterling Silver Antiqued Celtic Claddagh White Opal Ring...


Sterling Silver Antiqued Celtic Claddagh White Opal Ring


Items have come and gone (we add new pieces all the time) but still, here I sit, behind this computer still at it. My son is now grown and has moved away (now I'm wiping a tear out of my eye because I miss him). In between then and now I have moved a couple of times and my son and I have gone through some wonderful times and some not so wonderful times. Many things have changed but my online selling (and buying) has not. I guess some things will never change. Maybe that's a good thing. Just remember to savor every moment that you live though because things do change and they change a lot quicker than you realize.


Enchanted Jewelry & Collectibles...Dedicated To The Gypsy That Remains...

No comments:

Post a Comment